If you are a victim of tax fraud and are enrolled in InfoArmor’s identity protection benefit, PrivacyArmor®, call 800-789-2720 to speak with a Privacy Advocate. They are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A dedicated Privacy Advocate will be assigned to your case and will work with you throughout the tax fraud restoration process. They will help take the burden of the restoration process off your shoulders, by minimizing the amount of stress and time you spend in reversing your fraud. Some of the help you will receive includes:
- Provision of a Tax Fraud Identity Theft Packet with the necessary IRS forms and a fraud alert form, along with specific directions for the supporting documents.
- Step-by-step guidance by an InfoArmor Privacy Advocate via phone to prepare and complete the Tax Fraud Identity Theft Packet.
- Communication with the IRS on your behalf using InfoArmor’s unique identification number for third party authorization. Inquiries and updates will be initiated by the Privacy Advocate every 30 days and communicated with you until resolved. Tax fraud is time consuming and it typically can take up to 180 days.
- Prevention tips, flags your social security number for future tax filings and a possible assignment of a special IRS PIN to use in the future, if the IRS believes it is necessary.
Follow the following recommended steps if you are not covered by InfoArmor’s PrivacyArmor:
- File a police report with local law enforcement and retain a copy for your records.
- Respond immediately to any IRS notices according to the instructions provided.
- Continue to file your tax return.
- Complete IRS Form 14039 (Identity Theft Affidavit) and attach it to your filed taxes for the current year.
- File a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Review a copy of your earnings report to confirm your earnings totals are accurate.
- Obtain your Free Credit Report at annualcreditreport.com.
- Place a fraud alert through one of the three credit bureaus.
- Check your tax return status at irs.gov/refunds.
PrivacyArmor detects evolving fraud at its inception protecting your identity, credit, and privacy. With expert assistance and industry-leading technology on your side, you can have peace of mind knowing your financial assets and your family are protected. Speak with your benefits provider to enroll in our identity protection services, including restoration. To learn more about PrivacyArmor, visit MyPrivacyArmor.com.