INFOARMOR, INC., AN ALLSTATE COMPANY
Effective Date: January 30, 2020
Your privacy is very important to us. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) describes the privacy practices of InfoArmor, Inc. (“InfoArmor” “we,” “our” or “us”). This Privacy Statement explains the information we collect, why we collect it, how we use and share it and the choices you can make regarding your information.
Use the Table of Contents to link directly to a specific section or scroll down to read the full Privacy Statement.
- Summary Of Our Privacy Statement
- Full Privacy Statement
SUMMARY OF OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
The following summarizes our Privacy Statement. For more detail, refer to the full privacy statement below.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It. We collect various information in different ways including:
- Directly when you buy a service or product from us. Information collected may include name, address and other important identifying information,
- Automatically when you interact with us online such as IP address, cookies, device information and browser information, and
- From other parties to help us set up, manage, protect or service your account, such as service providers, platform partners, your employer (if receiving the services as an employee benefit), business partners, marketing companies, consumer reporting agencies and data providers.
Use of Your Personal Information. We use your information for many different reasons, including to:
- Provide and maintain your account, services and products,
- Perform analytics and research to improve and develop our websites, mobile apps, services and products,
- Let you know about updates or important information about your products,
- Send you marketing or advertising that might be of interest to you,
- Send you educational material and blog posts to which you have subscribed, and
- Protect our business, services, customers, websites or comply with legal requirements.
Sharing Your Personal Information. We share your information with others for business purposes, including with:
- Our affiliates,
- Companies that are involved in business transactions,
- Our authorized agents,
- Service providers,
- Online and other marketing and advertising partners,
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction, and
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies: When you visit our websites or mobile apps, view our emails or interact with our advertising, we and our service providers automatically collect information about you including how you use and access the website or mobile apps and the device used. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons and similar technology. This information may be combined with personal information we collect directly and may be used to improve, enhance and personalize your experience, monitor and improve our websites and mobile apps and for other internal purposes.
State Specific Information – Your Rights as a California Resident: As a California resident, you have certain rights including the right to access your personal information and the right to request deletion of your personal information. To learn more about these rights including how to make a request, refer to the full Privacy Statement below.
FULL PRIVACY STATEMENT
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect information about you in several different ways. We collect information directly from you to provide you with and maintain our identity protection products and services for the business purposes described in the Use of Your Personal Information below. We and service providers working on our behalf collect information from or about you when you use one of our websites, mobile apps, view our emails or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device (“Sites”). We also collect personal information about you from third parties such as service providers, platform partners, your employer (if receiving the services as an employee benefit), business partners, marketing companies, consumer reporting agencies and data providers.
The following are the categories of personal information that we may have collected about you and examples of the information that fall into those categories. Certain personal information outlined below is only collected to the extent you have enrolled in the services and activated all relevant features.
Name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
OTHER IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
A signature, description of your physical characteristics, phone number, state identification card number, insurance policy number, date of birth, family member information, bank account number, credit card number or other payment or financial information, medical information or health insurance information.
CHARACTERISTICS OF PROTECTED CLASS
Age (40 years or older), race, color, marital status, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression).
Payment or account history, records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, driving record, agent information, criminal conviction and credit information.
INTERNET OR OTHER ELECTRONIC NETWORK ACTIVITY INFORMATION
Browsing history, search history, information regarding your interaction with our website, application or advertisement, links you use or web pages you visit while visiting our site or applications, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), cookies, and mobile device including device identifier or other device information, IP address or other location information.
Audio, electronic or similar information.
Professional or employment‐related information.
Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, student financial information.
Inferences drawn from any personal information collected to create a profile reflecting preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities and aptitudes.
Our website is not intended for children. We do not market any products or services to children under the age of thirteen or knowingly collect any information from children under the age of thirteen.
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal and other information for business purposes including:
- Provide and maintain your service and products. We may use your personal information to provide or maintain your service, products, plan or account including to (i) enroll you in our identity protection products or complete another transaction, (ii) carry out your requested identity protection services, which includes monitoring and identifying suspicious behavior related to your identity, (iii) respond to your customer service requests or other inquiries, (iv) perform identity and credit remediation processes, for fraud protection and risk reduction measures, and (v) administer your account or, make requested changes to your plan.
- Improve, develop and analyze our Sites, services and products. We use your personal information using algorithms, analytics software and other similar methods to analyze, improve, develop or deliver our Sites, products and services and develop new services, products or features. We also use your information to conduct actuarial or research studies to maintain, protect and develop our networks, services, and products and protect our customers. We also use your information to analyze how visitors use our Sites to improve the Sites and enhance and personalize your experience. We collect some information used for these purposes using analytics software, cookies and other tracking technologies. For more information about the collection and use of this information, see Cookies and Tracking Technologies
- Communicate with you about your service or product. We may communicate with you about your product, service or account, provide you transaction confirmations, payment alerts or other service or product related messages via mail, email or other available methods such as text messages, if requested, and push notifications. We may also send you educational material and blog posts to which you have subscribed.
- Send marketing communications. We may use your information to send you promotional communications about products, services, features, and options we believe may be of interest to you. We may send communications via e-mail, regular mail or may send push notifications via a mobile device. Push notification preferences are controlled in your device. We may also use your information to serve you ads or customized content online.
- Comply with legal requirements and protect the safety and security of our business, services, and Sites. We may use your information to comply with laws, regulations or other legal obligations, to assist in an investigation, to protect and defend our rights and property or the rights of third parties or enforce terms and conditions. We may also use your information to prevent suspected fraud, threats to our network or other illegal activities, prevent misuse or for any other reason permitted by law. We may use your personal information to protect our company, our affiliates, our customers, our network and our Sites.
- Update or correct our records. We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly-available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine that information with other information we have about you to update our records. For example, we may obtain change of address information from public sources and use that information to update or correct your address information.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We do not sell your personal information. We may share your personal information with our affiliates for business purposes consistent with the uses described in this Privacy Statement. We may also share information about you with third parties whenever you consent to or direct such sharing. We strive to work with companies that share our commitment to privacy. We may also share information with others in an aggregated or de-identified form that does not reasonably identify you.
We may also share your personal or other information with third parties for business purposes or as required or permitted by law including with:
- Our authorized brokers or partners: InfoArmor may operate through brokers or companies we partner with who sell our services and products on our behalf. We may share your personal information with those brokers or partners to provide you with the services you’ve requested. They may use your personal information in the manner described in this Privacy Statement. If you enrolled for our services through your employer, we may also share information with your employer for accounting and billing purposes.
- Service providers: Personal information may be shared with service providers who perform services on our behalf for a business purpose including providers that:
- help complete transactions or handle a fraud reimbursement claim,
- engage in payment processing,
- provide marketing and advertising, email or other communication services,
- provide services that support our online activities including providing tracking technologies, web hosting and analytics,
- provide tax and accounting, legal services, delivery, and data enhancement services,
- provide technology services and enhance security, privacy and fraud protections,
- provide analytics services or conduct research or actuarial studies, and
- provide support to our operations.
- Online marketing and advertising partners: We may share personal and other information with third party online marketing and advertising partners or permit these partners to collect information from you directly on our Sites to personalize online advertising. The Cookies and other Tracking Technologies section below has more details about these activities.
- Third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, sale of any or all of our company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by an affiliate or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties, as required by law or subpoena, or if we reasonably believe such action is necessary to:
- comply with the law and the reasonable requests of regulators, law enforcement or other public authorities,
- protect our or others safety, rights or property, and
- investigate fraud or to protect the security or integrity of our Sites or any product or services.
COLLECTION OF YOUR EMAIL DATA
Notwithstanding anything else in this Privacy Statement, if you provide InfoArmor access to your personal Microsoft and Google data, InfoArmor’s use of that data will be subject to these additional restrictions:
- We will only use your Microsoft and Google data to read, write, modify, or control email message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings (“Email data”) to identify certain online accounts and notify you of known security breaches that relate to those accounts, and will not transfer this Email data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve features, comply with applicable law, or otherwise provide the Services.
- We will not use Email data for serving advertisements.
- We will not allow individuals to read your Email data unless we have your affirmative agreement to specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for an InfoArmor product’s internal operations.
FAMILY PLAN ACCOUNT ACCESS.
Our Family Plan portal enables you and your authorized family member to access and manage your services and plan from one account. By creating a family account, you and all authorized family members with access to the family account can view alerts, reports, scores and other disclosures that are made about each family member through that account. If you or other family members do not want shared family access, you or such family members may contact our customer service department to have one or more separate accounts created.
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
Technologies and Information Collected: When you visit our Sites, we and our service providers automatically collect information about your use and access of these Sites. We collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons (also called pixel tags), embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly. The information collected in this manner includes:
- The website from where you accessed the Site, where you went to when you left the Site, how frequently you visit the Sites, when and whether you open emails or click the links contained in emails, pages you visit on our Sites, the links you click and ads you view, or your location when you access our Sites,
- Information about the computer, tablet, smartphone or other device you use, such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, platform type, device type/model/manufacturer, operating system, date and time stamp, a unique ID that allows us to uniquely identify your browser, mobile device or your account (including, e.g., a persistent device identifier or an Ad ID), and other similar information,
- Analytics information collected ourselves or via third party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites and to understand more about the demographics and behaviors of our users, and
- How often you use a mobile app, from where the app was downloaded, events that occur within the app, aggregated usage, and performance data.
Use of the information: We or our service providers may use the data collected through tracking technologies to improve, enhance and personalize your customer experience, to monitor and improve our Sites and for other internal purposes such as:
- Remembering information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Sites,
- Provide custom, personalized content and information, including targeted content and advertising,
- Identify and contact you across multiple devices,
- Provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Sites,
- Perform analytics and detect usage patterns on our Sites,
- Diagnose or fix technology problems,
- Detect or prevent fraud or other harmful activities, and
- Otherwise to plan for and enhance our Sites.
Our service providers include Google. To learn more about Google’s privacy practices, click here. To access and use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, click here.
Your choices regarding cookies: If you prefer not to accept cookies, most browsers will allow you to change your browser settings to disable existing cookies, automatically request cookies or to notify you when you receive a cookie. However, if you disable, modify, or reject cookies, some parts or functionalities of our Site may be inaccessible or not function properly. For example, disabling cookies may require you to repeatedly enter information to take advantage of services.
Although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our visitors, we are not able to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from your browser at this time.
CHOICES AVAILABLE TO YOU
Email Marketing: If you opt-out from receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails such as emails about your products or services, responses to your requests and inquiries, or notices of updates to terms and conditions or our privacy practices. To opt-out from receiving marketing and promotional emails you may, select the unsubscribe link located at the bottom of each communication, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at the following address:
7350 N. Dobson Road
Scottsdale, AZ 85256
SOCIAL MEDIA, LINKS AND EXTERNAL SITES
Links to other company’s websites may be provided on the InfoArmor Sites as a convenience to you. If you choose to go to these external websites, you will be subject to the privacy practices of those external websites; InfoArmor is not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Site to read the privacy policies or statements of every Website you visit, as those privacy policies or statements may differ from ours. Our Privacy Statement applies solely to the Sites where this Privacy Statement appears.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We use a combination of reasonable technical, administrative, and physical safeguards to protect your personal information. However, no website, mobile application, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” So, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We limit access to your personal information to those who need it to do their jobs. We comply with all applicable federal and state data security laws.
CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT
We may periodically update or revise this Privacy Statement. The date at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. We will let you know when we update the Privacy Statement by changing the date or other appropriate means.
STATE SPECIFIC INFORMATION
For California Residents:
California residents have certain rights to access and delete their personal information as well as other rights described below. You will be able to submit these requests starting January 1, 2020.
To better protect you and your personal information, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide certain information, which we will only use to verify your identity or authority to make the request.
To submit an access or deletion request, please click here to submit an online request or call us at 1-800-998-1748. Responses to a verified request may take up to 45 calendar days, or longer depending on the nature of the request. If additional time is needed, we will notify you of the additional time. We may only respond to two access requests within a 12-month period.
Right to Access Your Personal Information: You have the right to request that we disclose certain information about our collection and use of your personal information over the past twelve months including:
- the categories of personal information collected about consumers,
- the specific pieces of personal information we have about you,
- the categories of sources from where personal information was collected,
- the business purpose for collecting the personal information, and
- the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information.
Right to Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request we delete the personal information we collected, with certain exceptions. We will delete your personal information in response to a verifiable request unless needed for the following:
- To complete a transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality,
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
- Comply with a legal obligation, including compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, or
- Otherwise use your persona information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Non-Discrimination Rights: You have the right not to receive discriminatory treatment by us for the exercise of your California privacy rights.