Concerned about your medical information being compromised? Follow the instructions below to see if your information has been compromised.
Use the directions below to request your consumer file from the Medical Information Bureau (MIB). Note: MIB may not have a consumer file for you if you have not applied for health insurance or disability income insurance during the preceding seven year period.
- Call MIB at 866.692.6901 (Press 1; Press 1; Press 1)
- Authenticate yourself by answering a few personal questions
Upon receipt of your request for a Record Search and Disclosure, and proper identification, MIB will initiate the disclosure process and provide you with the following:
- The nature and substance of information, if any, that MIB may have in its consumer files pertaining to you;
- The name(s) of the MIB member companies, if any, that reported information to MIB; and,
- The name(s) of the MIB member companies, if any, that received a copy of your MIB consumer file during the twelve (12) month period preceding your request for disclosure.
You will receive your MIB consumer file through the mail within 14 days of your request.
Medpoint and Intelliscript are databases that track prescription drug history for up to five years prior. It is important that this information is correct because insurance companies can use your prescription history to make assumptions about what type of medical conditions you may have.
Use the directions below to request your prescription drug history from Medpoint:
- Call (888) 206-0335
- You will have to provide your full name, date of birth, full Social Security number, mailing address and/or physical address, name of insurance provider, telephone number
To get your history from Intelliscript:
- Call (877) 211-4816.
- You will have to provide your full name, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, last four digits of your Social Security number, and your email address if you want the report emailed to you