The ever so famous Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and additional online shopping for the holidays will soon be here. Having the convenience and ease of getting all your needs online can cause you to carelessly forget to protect yourself. Simple mistakes could alter the way your holidays fall out if you become a victim of identity or credit fraud.
When online shopping this holiday season:
- Check the credibility of the site you want to purchase from, read reviews, check their locations and review their contact information
- Look for secure connections (https)
- Do not use unsecure wireless networks to make online purchases
- Use a credit cards verses a debit card and never send in cash or use money-wiring services for online purchases
- Keep a copy of your receipts and compare them to your credit card statement
- Watch out for phishing scams