143 million affected by this breach; you should keep in the know.
On September 7, 2017, Equifax announced a major cybersecurity incident, one of the largest in history. Equifax discovered unauthorized data access on July 29th that had occurred from mid-May through July. In this incident, hackers exposed personal information of 143 million consumers.
InfoArmor has your back to protect you and your clients. Here’s what you need to know.
Our team has been hard at work to support your employees as quickly as possible.
Within 24 hours of Equifax’s announcement, we sent all participants an email outlining the Equifax data breach and recommended actions they should take to protect themselves and their loved ones.
It is important to note:
- InfoArmor’s PrivacyArmor® credit monitoring and alerting services uses data supplied by TransUnion, not Equifax
- Participant information shared with us has never been shared with Equifax directly
Data Breach vs. Identity Theft
We want to make a clear distinction between this data breach and actual identity theft. Please help us educate employers and employees as to the difference, and the tools they will need to protect themselves preemptively.
- At this point, a significant amount of personal data has been exposed to hackers, making the chances for identities to be stolen more likely for the 143 million Americans impacted
- It is imperative that employees take steps to be proactive in monitoring personal data along with any credit or financial information
- Equifax and other companies are offering credit monitoring in response to the breach
- As industry experts, we KNOW that credit monitoring alone is simply insufficient in protecting individual identity and not enough to thwart or alert on many of the most popular and more sophisticated identity crimes
- Our PrivacyArmor® solutions offer a comprehensive protection beyond credit monitoring, including a broad range of proactive and reliable monitoring and alert capabilities, including remediation of pre-existing conditions at no added cost
PrivacyArmor® fills in the gaps where traditional breach protection services fall short, including robust identity protection and family coverage.
We’ve included a visual comparison of credit monitoring services vs. full privacy protection in the links below.
Please reach out with any additional questions or to schedule a call with our team. If for any reasons you don’t have your Account Manager contact information feel free to contact us at AM@InfoArmor.com. If you have clients or prospects seeking new coverage, please contact Sales@InfoArmor.com.
Complimentary PrivacyArmor® service until January 2018.
When you close a new client or upgrade an existing client to a client-paid plan, we will provide participants FREE service through 2017. **This offer is extended to all tiers/levels, including family plans. **
Get more details
Data breach Toolkit.
In response to the breach, we would like to arm you with a toolkit that addresses the most common questions and concerns.